Monday 10 March 2014

No Guts, no Glory

http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/the-guts-and-the-glory-w-brett-brux
Here is my latest recipe, and my first attempt in sometime at an experiment of some sort. I figured, it was time to break the shackles somewhat, and do something different.
I've named this beer The Guts and The Glory w/ Brett Brux
This is now in primary with WLP530, which it will sit for 2 & 1/2 weeks, before transfer to my newly acquired Wide Mouth Carboy. Here it will sit for a good period of Time, I'm giving an approximation of 6-9 months at this stage. 1.060 wort went into the fermenter, at exactly 21 litres (Low hopping means less trub,) Which mean I hit volume and gravity, which is 68% efficiency. Much better.
As I forgot to harvest the previous WLP530 for a big belgian beer. I'm looking at a tripel in the vein of Westmalle. So Hopefully I won't forget about this, this time.
I'm excited about my first Brett beer, I must say. so for those who read this, share your experiences, and what would you change?
I am also aiming to send a few of these Brett beers out. So if yor keen I'll put you on the list. NZ Only though sorry.

Saturday morning was what I am hoping is one of the last times for awhile for a full bottling session. This was Dark Storm Black IPA, which at first inital tastes, is pretty damn good. definitely Black IPA-ish.
Taste Testing in 2-3 weeks and I'll let you know how shes going.
Bad Wolf is tasting good, and changing constantly, so hopefully, the hop flavour will really start coming through. Currently its slightly too bitter, and yeastie. but still tasting good. hopefully this changes, but I've come up with some minor changes for Version 3. to increase hop aroma, and a yeast change again, to get the correct balance.

Next up: Kegorator setup, Grain Mill purchasing, and a NZ Pale Ale, in the vein of Hopwired, but lower Alc and Bitterness. It will be Version 2 of Mountain Warrior, and will be renamed to Aoraki Warrior XPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment